The NFL Players Association and the NFL are not giving serious consideration to a settlement in the case involving Ezekiel Elliott's suspension, according to a person with knowledge of the case.
After the National Football League said Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott's appeal had no chance of success, the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New York City issued a one-page order Friday temporarily blocking a lower-court ruling that shot down his previous appeals.
It is possible, if not likely, that the three-judge panel in NY will rule as early as Thursday, after oral arguments, on whether Elliott can play Sunday at Atlanta.
George HW Bush on Trump: 'I Don't Like Him'
Bush doesn't like Trump and called him a "blowhard" when he was running for president. Bush apparently had some harsh words for Donald Trump , according to a new book .
Broadcom offers $103 billion for Qualcomm in chip megadeal
The deal represents a 28% premium to Qualcomm's share price prior to rumors of the deal which sent the stocks higher last week. The proposed offer is the largest deal ever in the tech industry, The Associated Press reports.
Rand Paul's injuries from assault more severe than initially reported
It isn't clear when Paul will return to work since he is in considerable pain and is having difficulty getting around. An arrest warrant obtained by Courier Journal stated that Boucher allegedly "tackled him from behind".
"But again, we're going to focus on what we can control in that situation. Until someone tells us otherwise, we'll proceed accordingly".
Elliott received an administrative stay from the NY federal court last Friday, reinstating his eligibility for Sunday's game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Elliott scored the go-ahead touchdown in the Cowboy's 28-17 win over the Chiefs. That said, owners should continue having a contingency plan in place while Alfred Morris, Darren McFadden, and Rod Smith remain holds.
Elliott missed two days of practice last week after Failla's decision on Monday reinstated suspension that was initially announced August 11.
"This is bigger than a suspension", the running back said, via the Dallas Morning News.